Sunday 29 April 2012

Adding a little WONDER to our world!

I received a very pleasant surprise this week. While checking my Twitter account, I noticed that had a direct message from Wonderopolis! They tweeted me to let me know that they had received an extraordinary comment from one of my students and thought that I should know about it! I am ever grateful, as I may not have seen it otherwise. I am so impressed with this student and with the continual positive energy that comes from Wonderopolis! These are the moments that make your day as a teacher! Thanks to Mushkale for always striving to improve his writing and for his enthusiasm and passion for Wonder!

  1. Mushkale
    25. Apr, 2012 at 9:40 pm
    Hey Wonderopolis, remember me? So, I love you guys. I’M A HUGE Wonderopolis FAN!! Do you happen to have any for hockey (ice hockey). Wonderopolis, we use a loooottttt of technology! Hey, why don’t you have a tweet with my teacher Mrs.Thiessen or vist our class blog:http://mrstsgrade3sclassblog.blogspot.ca/ and have a look around. Do you you guys have a blog? Where do you guys live? (country? state? province and city? )I live in Canada,BC,Vancouver.
    Sincerely, Mushkale
    • Wonderopolis
      26. Apr, 2012 at 8:33 am
      WOW, Mushkale! Thanks for leaving us such an AMAZING comment! It makes our day to know that you and your classmates are such big fans of Wonderopolis! We think Mrs. Thiessen ROCKS, too! Did you know that we already tweet with her? She shares lots of interesting information, and lets us know when you guys do WONDERful things in class! We already knew about your class blog, too, because Mrs. Thiessen is super proud of her students and wants everyone to know it!:-)
      Although we don’t have a Wonder specifically about hockey yet, a little Wonder birdie told us there might be one coming up in the future. Did you have a chance to visit the past Wonders we shared with you in our comment reply on Wonder #521
      Can You Speak in Code? If you didn’t, that’s OK…here they are again:
      Wonder #109 – What Is a Zamboni®? http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-is-a-zamboni%C2%AE/
      Wonder #67 – When Were Ice Skates Invented?http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/when-were-ice-skates-invented/
      Oh, and we live in Wonderopolis!:-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful to have met Mushkale while I was visiting your class. I'm thankful to have met all the awesome students in your class. I've finally added the Wonderopolis widget to my blog so my student can start more wondering too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome.I absolutely love Wonderopolis! I am glad that we could meet you in person as well. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.